KitchenAid range tops come with multiple heating elements and ceramic glasses. During its operation, the range top should be direct in most cases, other possible problems such as irregular or inaccurate heating temperatures or signs on the range tops might opt users to look into some troubleshooting steps. Trying to deal with the problem through troubleshooting may redeem a call for a professional repair service on the range top.
- Inspect your home fuses or breakers when the whole range top unit will not function. Reset or change when necessary to restart the power.
- Press the control knob for the preferred heating element on specified models when the heating element is less likely to be heating. Push-On / Off on models with a control panel prior to selecting the preferred heating element and temperature so that it turns on the range top.
- Long press the Control Lock on control panel models when the control panel fails to function, but the unit has power. Press and hold the button for five seconds to loosen the control lock and let the buttons function. Repeat the step to seal the control panel.
- Do not use cookware that is over 1.5 inches more or less than the heating element when there is a lack or much heat on the unit. Set the temperature to a higher setting when food cooks unevenly. Set the temperature to a lower setting when food burns fast. Regularly check food while cooking efficiently.
- Remove the spills from the surface after it cools down when scrapes are visible from debris and start to pull towards the range top equipment and utensils. Clear the acidic spills right away with a wet cloth if the spill occurs when signs or corrosions occur on the surface. Utilize a ceramic range top cleaning crème to clean the unit and polishing cream to aid minimize the appearance of scrapes.
- Press Off button once the control panel lights are gleaming and utilize a wet sponge to leave the control panel clean. Unplug the KitchenAid range top from the power source, wait for a minute, and then plug it back in. Press Off again when the lights flash nonstop and call an expert.
- Wipe the filter on the range top when the food appears uneven or gets more smoke. Turn off the ventilation system and raise the vent grate and remove the filter. Wash the filter with foamy water or perform a regular cycle in the dishwashing machine. Change the filter with the top of the filter on the left part of the vent chamber. See to it that the filter bottom lays on the right bottom part.
When nothing changes after doing the steps, don’t hesitate to contact KitchenAid Appliance Repair Professionals. Also offers services for KitchenAid appliance repair, KitchenAid cooktop repair, or KitchenAid stove repair.